Saturday 15 December 2012

Inspirational Music Video's- Taylor Swift



I found Taylor Swift’s music video for ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’ very inspirational as it gave me many ideas for our own music video and star image. The themes of this song were similar to ours, as both artists are describing a bad boyfriend and what he has done. This meant that some of the ways he is represented could be very similar to our music video. I liked the idea of both the good and the bad parts of the relationship were shown in this music video and I would like to use this idea for our own music video. I also think her attitude to her boyfriend is very similar to how our artist will act in our video. I loved how it began and ended in the same place however the artist had made an achievement; in this case breaking up with her boyfriend. I would like to use this idea in our music video to show a change in circumstances from the beginning to end. I also think this idea will help to enhance our narrative.
I particularly liked the transitions between locations however I wasn’t sure how we could successfully achieve this without access to a studio or professional editing software. I would still like to attempt this idea just to see if it is possible. I also liked the synaesthesia used during the chorus however I don’t think this would fit with our music therefore we won’t be using this idea.
There are various costume changes throughout the music video and this is something we planned on doing to make the video more interesting and contrast between each location. I also really liked the red lipstick as it stood out and created a more glamorous look. The costumes had a very realistic, everyday feel and the red lipstick made it stand out and appear a little more glamorous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment