Friday 22 March 2013

Digipack Process

When making my digipack I began by choosing the images I wanted to use. I started by doing the text in photoshop but the text appeared to be fuzzy and out of focus. To stop this from happening I had to edit the image then export it and open it in Adobe Illustrator. I then constructed the clear text in this programme and exported it back to Adobe Photoshop to make the final few changes and save it as a JPEG.

For my digipack I chose to have a fold out insert in the album rather than a booklet form. I had seen Goldfrapp's album insert in this form with a large image on the inside. I liked this idea as I thought it was more interesting and unique than a normal booklet. I chose to still use the conventions of a digipack with the lyrics page and the thank you page as well as having images scattered throughout.

The images I chose had to portray the personality of the artist. I chose the front cover as the 'shh' gesture shows her power during her songs as she says things that would often be seen as blunt. Her attitude throughout her songs is very upfront and direct. The use of the background also stands out and would attract the attention of the audience.

I chose the back cover image as it went well with the front cover. The body language is still very confident but I felt that direct address to the audience was not needed. The image also was the right framing to allow for space for the text to appear. I included a similar colour text to the front cover to create continuity and tie the album together. I had to include the institutional information, to make it accurate I looked at other back covers online and changed the wording slightly to make it appropriate to my artist. I found the barcode image online and I edited it onto my album.

For the inside cover I chose to have this image as it the framing allowed for the text to be placed. I chose this to be a 'thanks' page. This is very common of albums however I didn't want this to be a very serious page. I wanted it to allow a more jokey side to our artist to show. This is shown through her language used in the 'thank you note'. The colours on this page are very similar to those used throughout the album. I chose the black and white image as it was striking but did not draw the attention away from the text.

For the lyrics sheets I chose the same colour schemes as I have used throughout the album. I also chose these 2 images as they had a playful side to them. They also worked well together as they both had the same outfit and a similar style to the pose. I chose to use the 2 first songs on the album to have the lyrics to. These would be the most popular tracks on the album. I also had the images of the birds which I found on the internet but I changed the colour of them to match the colour of the font. I also flipped the image so it would match on the other page.

I chose this image to be the big image as it was a very striking image but also shows the fiesty side to our artist. This contrasts to the other softer images used in the digipack.

No comments:

Post a Comment